Starting from scratch

This area is to be used for posting up files you are working on to either get or give help while working on a tune.

Starting from scratch

Postby revotech » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello there . I'm Working on a project where I gonna manufacture my own Engine Managment System.
Its based on SAAB Trionic 5 ( SAAB 9000 2.3T -95 ( B234R ) ) and a Motronic system from a Audi A3 1.8 T -98.
This is what i Planned so far. Starting with the T5 System. Move out the ***Rom memory outside the box so i can reach it easier. Hooked up to a cabel to the computer ofcourse. Then i will be abel to read back the logged data.

Start with the T5 System .
I have som basic things to discuss.

Is EEPROM the right chip to use as memory so i can flash the memory thrugh the CanBus interface?

And is it possible to fit the EEPROM outside the ECU?

Does the ECU save all things to the ROM memory so you can log all the data to you computer? Or do i need another memory to be able to log the engine?

How Much space do you think i need to log on EEPROM?

I Probobly need more help further on. But lets start with thoose questions.

Thanks Dudes ( or Chicks )
// Martin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChriMa Motorsport

It's On
revotech

Re: Starting from scratch

Postby rival » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:09 am

I've used AM28F010 (they are EEPROM)chips on my T5 and I can still flash them.
About the EEPROM out of the trionic I'm not so sure it will work.Fine electronic components of that type are very resistance sensitive and I don't know if the wires you will use won't mess with the signals.Technicly I think it is possible but also very hard to be done.
As far as I know the ecu only saves adaption data on the ram memory.And logging is done by downloading realtime feedback from all sensors, the ecu doesen't log data it only adapts a little and saves the adaption data.

I might be wrong, please correct me if so.

And last but not least, WHY on earth would you want to make your own engine control?What software is going to control it and what software will you use to modify it? I would understand it if T5suite didn't exist and you had to use some crappy OEM tuning software like ECM or so.The guys here have worked so hard so that everyone with very basic idea of how an engine works could do whatever he wants with it.
If you want so much a different ecu buy a megasquirt.It has everything you need.
Saab 9000 97' 2.0 T, TD 04-19t hybrid turbo, 3bar mapsensor, big intercooler, sports air filter, siemens deka 630cc injectors, 3" exhaust system.
rival

Postby revotech » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:30 am

Yeah I saw that later. So I need a gadget that reads live data and saves it to a memory. Then i can just hook that up to the CanBus.

Hahaha I understand you are a bit confused over this crazy idea. Yeah The Suites are perfect. Exelent work of everyonr involved. I have a School assignment and i thought i will do my one Management system :D
My second thought was to buy a megasquirt and take the things I want from T5. then bouild in 4 Knock sensors so i can see exakt wich cylinder it knocks on . I can program a own software to master the operations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChriMa Motorsport

It's On
revotech

Postby rival » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:39 am

It would be very hard and tricky.
Post if you have any questions or improvement.
Good luck!
Saab 9000 97' 2.0 T, TD 04-19t hybrid turbo, 3bar mapsensor, big intercooler, sports air filter, siemens deka 630cc injectors, 3" exhaust system.
rival

Postby rival » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:39 am

It would be very hard and tricky.
Post if you have any questions or improvement.
Good luck!
rival

Postby revotech » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 am

Alright.. Here is the thing.

I'm gonna construct a small computer that i can put in the car. The computer will be hooked up to the ECU's CAN interface, then maybe i'll use Kvaser Navigator to read and save CAN Data. Basic idea. I whrite more as it develops

// Martin

ChriMa Motorsport

It's On
revotech

Return to ECU File Test & Tune